Photos: Complexity colloquium in honour of Paul Cilliers
posted: 2175 days ago, on Thursday, 2011 Dec 08 at 23:19
tags: complexity, philosophy, photo diary, events.
A special one-day colloquium, "Complexity: The Philosophical and Human Legacy of Paul Cilliers", was held on Thursday, 8 December 2011 at STIAS (Wallenberg Conference Centre, Stellenbosch). The colloquium was organised by the NRF Young Scientists research initiative and hosted by the Centre for Studies in Complexity.
- 1. Paul Cilliers, Models and Complex Causality (Prof. Jan-Hendrik Hofmeyr)
- 2. Reading Complexity Thinking as Philosophy: a Point of Departure for Conceptualising Violence in the Complex System (Lauren Hermanus)
- 3. Critical Complexity: Re-thinking the Role of Critique (Rika Preiser)
- 4. The Ethics of Complexity and the Complexity of Ethics (Dr. Minka Woermann)
- 5. Complexity and the Human Sciences: Beyond Reductionism and Relativism? (Eduard Grebe)
- 6. Navigating Complexity in Environmental Assessment and Management (Dr. Michelle Audouin, CSIR)
- 7. Wrap-up (panel of speakers)
nothing more to see. please move along.